Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summertime

It has been a while since I have posted any new posts, but with good reason: last week was so hectic! Sunday through Thursday was VBS, Friday was a shopping trip and sleepover at Debbie's house, Saturday was the Father's Day Hoedown (which was a great success), Sunday was church and Youth Group, and the rest of the week was spent recuperating. So you will pardon me, I'm sure, for my lack of updates.

So with VBS out of the way, it's time for a nice, relaxing summer!

Yeah right.

There's CCFC projects, church projects, our brother Nick coming over, the county fair, The National Miniature Convention in Indianapolis, horse shows, dog shows, a possible trip to Tennessee, and right in the middle, my birthday.

True, all the events listed above are fun, and I am looking forwards to them (well, most of them...), but the fact remains that all of those things and more, to be squeezed into less then three months, will provide a very busy, and most likely chaotic summer.

Right now we are in a momentary lull, with nothing happening for a while. But one of those days on the calender, circled in ominous black pen; when it comes, so will all the others, practically at once, pressing down upon us like a massive ocean wave, trapping us under the crushing black waters, until finally we surface, gasping for air as the winds grow chilly and the leaves turn orange at summer's end.

Ahem.

Anyway, most likely I will continue having trouble posting frequently on here. Hopefully, though, I'll find some interesting things to post about. I'd rather read one fascinating, awe-inspiring, amazing post a month, then an every-day account of me being bored and unable to think of something to write about. But with all this stuff going on this summer, I'm sure I'll think of something.

I love summer. Regardless of the lack of relaxation time, the heat, and numerous biting insects,
summer still remains on of my favorite seasons. Let's throw in a dictionary definition, just for fun:

sum·mer [súmmər]
n (plural sum·mers)
1.
warmest season: the warmest season of the year, falling between spring and autumn. It runs from June to August in the northern hemisphere and from December to February in the southern hemisphere.
2.
warm weather: the warm weather associated with the summer season
3.
period of great happiness: a period of greatest happiness, success, or fulfillment in the life of somebody or something
4.
year: a year, especially of somebody's age (literary):
a man of 70 summers

Hmm... I think there's some stuff they didn't cover here. I mean seriously, when someone says 'summer' do you think, "The warmest season of the year, falling between spring and autumn"? Let me add a bit:

5. A time for activities such as camping, swimming, playing beach volleyball, reading on the front porch, walking around barefoot, catching fireflies, eating watermelon, celebrating the 4th of July, having picnics, watching fireworks, going to the county fair, roasting marshmallows, driving with the windows down, eating Popsicles, going to family reunions, wading in the creek, playing Frisbee, and much more.

There it is. Summertime, in a nutshell. But now I must leave you, faithful reader, for other things must be done. But I shall return in time to write again.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are a busy girl! All of us have times where it's too difficult to do such things as blogging... I hope you are having a wonderful time ^_^

    ReplyDelete